Subscribe to our newsletter to get exclusive 50% OFF for Each 3th product ( Coupon Code: BIGDKT ), special offers and new style right in your inbox.
EASY CARE WASHING SILK GUIDELINES
- Have you still been bothered by how to wash any silk at home?
- Do you always tend to take the silk to a dry cleaner every time?
- Have you been wondering, 'Can I wash silk in the washing machine'?
YES! dry clean can prolong the lifespan of silk, but it can also be achieved if you follow the instructions for washing silk.
No matter what kind of silk products, in order to maintain the luster and texture of silk,you need to pay attention to it when you care
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY SILK CLOTHING?
- Turn your garment inside out and wash gently by hand or machine.
- Cool to warm temperatures are best. Do not overheat with a hot-water wash or hot iron.
- Use a mild detergent, such as a wool wash. We recommend the Ecostore delicates wash. There’s no need for harsh chemicals such as strong washing powders or bleach. These contain brighteners and whiteners that can damage the silk fibre and make it appear dull.
- Rinse well. Squeeze or gentle spin excess water. Do not wring.
- Line dry or hang inside out of direct sunlight. No tumble driers required. It doesn’t take long!
- Cool iron only (set iron to delicate or wool setting)
- Allow 5% shrinkage.
TIPS & TRICKS
- To remove perspiration or deodorant build up under the arms, soak overnight in a bucket of cool to lukewarm water with a half-cup of white vinegar added. The vinegar neutralises the alkaline build up left by sweat and washing powders. Rinse and line dry or wash as normal.
- To remove oil stains left by food, try sponging with warm water and a little mild dish wash detergent. The key is to get to it quickly and NEVER rub at the stain. Sandwich the wet fabric between a towel and press together to remove the moisture, then leave to dry.
KEEP IN MIND
- Do not rub a stain.This causes fading
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not dry in direct sunlight, sun fades garments
- Do not use washing powders or stain remover, these can strip the colour and make the fabric ‘chalky’ to touch
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY SILK SHEETS AND PILLOWSLIPS?
- Caring for your silk bedding is simple. With the proper care taken your silk will retain its elegant good looks for years of use.
- Our silk bed products may be machine washed in cold water on a delicate cycle with a mild detergent or, if you prefer, handwashed in cold or lukewarm water.
- Do not rub.
- Squeeze out excess water, do not wring.
- Do not tumble dry – the fine fabric is best dried naturally in the shade.
- Avoid keeping your silk bedlinen in direct sunlight as it can damage and fade the fibres.
- Use no bleach.
- Cool iron